Friday, June 28, 2013

Quick Update

Last Thursday I went to meet with some people from HR from a company that I spoke with earlier this spring. I was open to the idea of an internship there, but by the time they wanted an interview I had already accepted the position at my current internship. However, I did want to meet with them at some point this summer while in Istanbul because I really like the company. Therefore I went for what I thought was an informational interview last Thursday, but it turned out to be a full on interview! Although it is a year in advance I pretty much have an internship there next summer if I want it! It is great to have this option, but I don't know what I want to do at this point.

Friday after work I met up with 2 of my brother's close friends who are Turkish but go to college in the US. It was great meeting and talking with them. Saturday I went to Büyükada with my roommate Ece and her friend Duygu. The Prince Islands are several islands off the coast of Istanbul and Büyükada is the largest one. We took the extremely crowded ferry in the morning and spent the morning walking around and then took a little boat to the back part of the island where we spent a few hours on the beach. It was a very relaxing day.
on the boat ride to the island with Ece
Büyükada
Büyükada
Büyükada
the beach where we hung out on Büyükada

Sunday was spent sleeping in and relaxing. I forgot how much spending a day in the sun takes all your energy and I definitely needed the sleep. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday after work I met up with different friends. It was great getting out of the house and hanging out. As a extravert, social person, I get my energy from others so I really enjoy spending time out and about with friends.

This weekend, my friend Danielle, who was in Trabzon for a semester while I was in Samsun for my gap year, will be visiting me. It is my last full weekend in Istanbul because I leave for the US next Sunday. It is crazy to me that I have only a little more than a week here, but I am excited to go home. I know I will miss Istanbul and my friends, however I am ready to get home. I have never felt this way before because normally after a short period like this I want to stay, however with everything going on in Istanbul and Turkey I am excited to get back to everything that is familiar to me, even if it is only for a short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment